Friday, July 17, 2020

Demian!

Shoot! I think I was looking for something, not directly, sub-consciously. I referenced it twice, once in my "Power and Money" post from a few days ago, then again to my eldest daughter:  "about that book I bought" for her on her birthday this year. 
I don't think it's a particular quote from Demian this time, I mean, it could be and I can quote it upside down and inside out -- no, Demian stands alone! Demian is strength. It's elemental. Demian simultaneously builds and destroys, just depends which side of which you need. In that sense, Demian is balance. It's equilibrium, but it's brutal 
equilibrium because it's a really bright light on the soul -- there are no dark corners and it can cause vulnerability, perhaps even desperate vulnerability. But that's the point, it forces harmonic convergence, an inner-peace like none-other that rides just between the moment gone and the moment to arrive. 

Demian
Demian
Demian

Demian
Demian
Demian

Demian
Demian
Demian

Two posts in one night really. I wrote the words above to This is the Life by Living Colour, the 2nd time I've done that on the new version of my blog (and, heh, the old one might sill be around, tread with ridiculous caution!). The second Living Colour album is holy for me, so holy I added some text of it to my late high school / early college jeans (note the highlighter on the frays, can't get cooler than that). 


In your real life
Treat it like it's special
In your real life
Try to be more kind
In your real life
Think of those that love you
In this real life
Try to be less blind


No comments:

Post a Comment